Healthy dinners that aren’t salads and don’t taste bad are pretty hard to come by… but this one is a rare gem! Inspired by a recipe I saw for tuna stuffed avocados, and having leftover chicken on hand, this recipe is very quick to put together, and tastes light, fresh and zesty – perfect for the end of summer!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
HEALTHY CHICKEN STUFFED AVOCADOS
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Yields: 2 Avocado halves
1 Large Hass Avocado
2 Tbs. Fresh Chopped Cilantro
2 Tbs. Chopped Red Onion
Juic of 1 Lime
7 Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Tsp. Salt (or to taste)
1/2 Tsp. Pepper (or to taste)
1)Begin by washing and slicing your avocado in half and removing the pit. Remove any brown spots. You are free to scoop a little of the avocado out to make the well larger, but after taking out the brown, my space was large enough. Season your avocado halves with a little salt, pepper, and paprika. I use the Smoked Sweet Paprika from William-Sonoma. YUM!
2) Time for some prep work, so get the cutting board out! Slice up your leftover chicken into bite-size cubes, dice your red opinion, half the cherry tomatoes, and rough-chop your cilantro and place it in a bowl. (You can use grilled chicken, pan-fried, whatever you have handy! Obviously, to keep it healthy grilled is the best option. 🙂 )
3) In a separate dish, or over the bowl if you aren’t scared of the seeds going in, juice your lime. Give it a few rolls on the counter before slicing and squeezing to help extract more juice.
3) Next, add in your olive oil, and lime juice if it is in a separate bowl.
4) Add your 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper and a little more paprika. Gently mix it all up!
5) Scoop your filling into the avocado halves, and if you have any lime juice left, give it a few squeezes right on the top! VOILA! Tasty and great looking, healthy meal in no time!