After eating this meal for supper, I looked at my husband and said, “Yup. Definitely keeping this recipe,” and by the way he went back for seconds, I think he agreed.
Easy to make with an absolutely delicious flavor, this chicken dish will taste like you’ve been in the kitchen for hours when you can really get the whole meal done in under one. The creamy but not too creamy sauce is packed with spices to take your chicken from basic to BAM! I recommend you keep a few slices of bread handy because you will want to scrape up the sauce. It is that good!
Start thawing your chicken, because here we go.
CHICKEN WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Servings: 4
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 tbs. olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes (Not packed in olive oil)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
1)Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Add two tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
3) Add remaining tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning
4) Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
5) Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
6) Serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with rotini pasta, french or sourdough bread, and sauteed asparagus or broccoli
Recipe modified from Damn Delicious