This post is for everyone who reads my blog and would like to get to know me a little better. Writing about myself has always been very hard for me. Not because I don’t want to share my life or open up, but if you write about yourself you’re going to try to make yourself sound good… which is kind of like lying… which I’m horrible at. What was my solution? Actually doing one of those “25 Random Facts” requests.
Here are a few Dunk Facts that I hope will help you get a better idea of who I am. Feel free to ask questions or leave comments. I’m more than happy to reply.
1) I drink venti non-fat dirty chai tea lattes like they’re seasonal.
2) I have a BA in English, Minor in Communications.
3) I refuse to make my bed. It is just going to get messed up again.
4) I love the smell & taste of cinnamon.
5) My last name was shortened from Van Dunk (German, very German.)
6) I never wake up past 9.
7) I’ve never owned an iPhone.
8) I played the French Horn for almost 10 years. (Still do sometimes…)
9) I hate the phrase “my bad”. (See why here .)
10) When I was little, I had to go to the hospital because I shoved shredded hash browns up my nose.
11) When I got my wisdom teeth out, I saw pink and green glittering ponies running outside the car.
12) I like watching documentaries on solitary confinement and gangs.
13) I like cats and birds very much.
14) Yes, I have been in a mosh pit and gotten kicked in the face.
15) I lost a spelling bee to the word hors d’oeuvre. The contestant after me got the word severe.
16) I enjoy rap music.
17) I changed my major 4 times – Education, Forensic Science, Liberal Studies, and finally English.
18) I was Fashion Editor for my school newspaper.
19) Screenwriting is one my favorite writing styles. Currently working on a film script…
20) I’m afraid of the dark.
21) I collected teddy bears when I was little.
22) I am anti-hunting, pro gun, and not a vegetarian.
23) I like cracking eggs but will not eat them. Gross.
24) Fall is my favorite season.
25) I can pop my hips out-of-place.